On the official site for the animated adaptation of the manga written by Naoki Yamakawa and illustrated by Akinari Nao, 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru (I’m Standing on a Million Lives), the third promotional video for the second season of the project. The video shows a fragment of the opening song titled “Baddest” and performed by Virtual YouTuber Kaede Higuchi.
This second season has its premiere scheduled for July 2 in Japan, while the Crunchyroll platform will be in charge of its distribution in Latin America. For its part, the first season aired during the Fall-2020 season (October-December) and had a total of twelve episodes. Naoki Yamakawa and Akinari Nao began publication of the manga through Kodansha publisher’s Bessatsu Shonen Magazine in July 2016.
- Kumiko Habara (Puri Puri Chi-chan !!, Battle Spirits Burning Soul) was in charge of directing the anime at Maho Film Studios.
- Takao Yoshioka (High School DxD, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Konohana Kitan) was in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Eri Kojima and Toshihide Masudate (Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni) were in charge of character design.
- Satoshi Yano was in charge of the sound direction, while Ken Ito is composing the soundtrack.
- Virtual YouTuber Kaede Higuchi will perform the opening song titled “Baddest”, while Kanako Takatsuki will perform the closing song titled “Subversive”.
Synopsis for 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru
Yotsuya Yuusuke along with her classmates Shindou Iu and Hakozaki Kusue have been transported to a strange and unknown world inhabited by mythological creatures. As soon as they arrive, they meet someone calling himself “Game Master,” who then grants them a limited-time mission. To aid them in this quest, he also gives Shindou and Hakozaki the roles of a wizard and a warrior, while Yotsuya is randomly given the role of a farmer?!
This is how a hectic life of adventure began for three students who now have no choice but to complete random missions for various phases in the fantasy world if they want to stay alive and protect the real world from the demons and monsters they encounter.