On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Hiro, Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku (Akebi’s Sailor Uniform), a new promotional image of the project was published. The press release confirmed that the premiere has been scheduled for January 8, 2022 in Japan, and that a special event will take place on December 18, a special broadcast will be held with possible new information.
Hiro started publishing the manga through the service Tonari no young jump from the publisher Shueisha in August 2016. The publisher published the eighth compilation volume on April 19, followed by the ninth on October 19 in Japan. In its most recent report, the literary franchise announced that it had exceeded 500,000 accumulated copies in circulation.
Cast of voices
- Manatsu Murakami as Komichi Akebi, the protagonist.
- Sora amamiya as Erika Kizaki, the first partner Akebi meets.
- Akari Kitou as Touko Usagihara.
- Shion wakayama as Tomono Kojou.
- Miyuki kuroki (Fate / Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia, Occultic; Nine) is in charge of the direction of the anime in the studios Cloverworks.
- Emi Kouno (Majo no Tabitabi, One Piece: Adventure of Nebulandia) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Rino Yamazaki (DARLING in the FRANXX, Medaka Box) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Kana Utatane (Mieruko-chan, Re-Main) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis of Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku
The story takes place in a prestigious high school for girls in the country, the Roubai Academy. Akebi Komichi has always dreamed of wearing the school sailor uniform. A girl’s “dream” life as a high school student finally begins. The time for youth flows slowly. Country life plus high school life plus sailor suits. “Will I be able to make a hundred friends?” This is a retelling of life story presented with a gentle touch by the talented Hiro.
Source: Comic Natalie
© 博 ／ 集 英 社 ・ 「明日 ち ゃ ん の セ ー ラ ー 服」 製作 委員会