The Aniplex company announced the production of a new original anime titled Gunjou no Fanfare (Fanfare of Adolescence), during a horse racing show in Japan. The premiere is scheduled for the Spring-2022 season (April-June).
- Natsuki Hanae as Amane Grace.
- Shougo Yano as Yuu Arimura.
- Shimba Tsuchiya as Shun Kanami.
- Makoto Katou (Bloom Into You, Lord El-Melloi II’s Case Files: Rail Zeppelin Grace note) is directing the project at Lay-duce Studios (O Maidens in Your Savage Season, Magi: Adventure of Sinbad).
- Hiro Kanzaki (Eromanga Sensei, EUREKA SEVEN AO, Oreimo) is in charge of character design.
- Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan, The Seven Deadly Sins) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Gunjou no Fanfare Synopsis
The story takes place in a horse racing academy that trains boys to become jockeys. The three-year academy is highly competitive, and those who wish to enter must not only pass an academic test, but also a physical and fitness test. Yuu Arimura is a former popular idol who falls in love with horse racing after seeing it for the first time, and wants to enter the academy. Shun Kanami grew up on an island, and only learned about horse racing through radio broadcasts while he was growing up. Amane comes from an upper-class family in England, and her father is a former horseman. Amane has attended horse racing academies in various countries. The show follows these three 15-year-old boys at the academy.