On March 24 in Japan, the production of Paru Itagaki’s animated manga adaptation Beastars released a special promotional video ahead of the airing of the last episode of the second season.
Orange Studios, the production company, used a technique called “motion capture” to create the animations based on captures of professional performers in action, and rendered a variety of powerful battle scenes using this method. In the special video you can see the procedure for creating this type of sequence.
On the other hand, this second season has been broadcast in Japan since last January 6 through Netflix and terrestrial television stations, and is confirmed with a total of twelve episodes. Subsequently, the Netflix platform will launch this second season globally in its catalog in July 2021. Finally, Itagaki began the publication of the manga in the magazine Weekly Shonen Champion of the Akita Shoten publishing house in September 2016 and ended it in October 2020.
- Shinichi Matsumi (Deputy Director at Heisei Tanuki Gassen Ponpoko, Kurenai no Buta; Episode Director for Rurouni Kenshin, Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis) is directing the series at CG Studio Orange anime studio, (Houseki no Kuni, Dimension W).
- Nanami Higuchi (Little Witch Academia, Ninja Slayer From Animation) is writing the scripts.
- Nao Ootsu (firearms designer for Youjo Senki, secondary character designer for Banana Fish) is designing the characters.
- Eiji Inomoto (Kantai Collection, Ghost in the Shell Arise) is the CG chief director. Satoru Kousaki (Wake Up, Girls !, both seasons of Ore no Imouto ga
- Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai, Monogatari Series: Second Season) is composing the music.
Synopsis of Beastars
In a world populated by anthropomorphic animals, herbivores and carnivores coexist with each other. For the teens at Cherryton Academy, school life is full of hope, romance, mistrust, and restlessness. The main character in this story is the wolf Regoshi, a member of the drama club. Despite his menacing looks, he has a very soft heart and character. Throughout most of his life, he has always been the object of fear and hatred from other animals and has been used to that lifestyle. But soon, he finds himself more and more involved with his classmates who have their own insecurities and he realizes that his life at school will take a major turn.