Two new promotional videos of the project were posted on the official site for the animated adaptation of the video game developed by Gust, Blue Reflection (Blue Reflection – Maboroshi ni Mau Shoujo no Ken), which is titled Blue Reflection Ray. The first shows a fragment of the closing theme titled “Seishin” and performed by ACCAMER.
The second promotional video shows a fragment of the opening theme titled “DiViNE” and performed by EXiNA, as well as the transformations of the protagonists of the story into magical girls.
The series is scheduled to premiere in Japan on April 9. On the other hand, the game was released for the PlayStation 4 and PC consoles via Steam in North America and Europe in September 2017. In fact, its launch had already been made in Japan for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in March 2017.
Cast of voices
- Manaka Iwami as Hiori Hirahara.
- Haruka Chisuga as Ruka Hanari.
- Yuka Takakura as Momo Tanabe.
- Hitomi Ohwada as Miyako Shirakaba.
- Reina Ueda as Mio Hirahara.
- Nina Tamaki as Nina Yamada.
- Rui Tanabe as Uta Komagawa.
- Shiori Izawa as Shino Mizusaki.
- Risako Yoshida (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen, Diabolik Lovers More, Blood) is directing the anime at J.C. STAFF Studios.
- Akiko Waba (Eureka Seven AO, Nagi no Asukara, Lostorage incited WIXOSS) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Koichi Kikuta is adapting Mel Kishida’s original designs for animation.
- Daisuke Shinoda is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack, under the direction of Yoshikazu Iwanami at Magic Capsule Studios.
Blue Reflection Synopsis
Taking his first steps back into everyday school life, Hinako is lost in a sea of unfamiliar faces until he meets a friend from high school, Sanae Nishida. Hinako notices that a strange aura emerges from Sanae and she suddenly wakes up in a mysterious world where an intimidating demon awaits her. Before he has time to react, a couple of friendly voices approach her: “Everything will be fine. You can fight. Put your heart in the ring of your finger and fight like a Reflector! ». The magical twins Yuzu and Lime grant Hinako Reflector powers, promising that they will grant him any wishes he wishes if he protects the world from the devastating forces that seek to threaten humanity.
This is how Hinako learns of the mysterious parallel dimension, The Common: a place created by the unconsciousness of the human collective; where the causes of latent human problems lurk. Along with Yuzu and Lime, he fearlessly leaps into this unknown world in search of crystallized fragments of emotion, the physical manifestation of his classmates’ struggles, but encounters a myriad of challenges on his way. Players will explore unique and dangerous locations as they attempt to locate these shards and solve their classmates’ problems in the real world, and will be called upon to fight dangerous demons that stand in their way!