On October 31, the Twitter user @ Setsuna199520 made a post re-uploading a video from last year comparing the fighting movements shown in an anime adaptation of Street fighter and Kimetsu no yaiba. The scene in question compares the combat between Chun-Li and Vega with that of Inosuke Hashibira and Tanjirou Kamado, showing quite a few requests.
The user assured that “He only made this post to remember the reference and that he had no intention of turning things around“, Although it is somewhat difficult to believe given the vast community of anti-fans of Kimetsu no yaiba, that make anything that can be used to discredit the franchise viral, as it happens anywhere else. The comparison reached the Japanese forums, where apparently this video had not been seen in a massive way until recently (the original video was posted by a western YouTube account and didn’t accumulate many views), inspiring comments such as the following:
- «A lot of nostalgia came to me watching that scene, but I think both are superbly done».
- «That then denotes the high quality of “Street Fighter II Movie”, released in 1994».
- «It is a tribute, is it so difficult to understand?».
- «They also share the fact that when they remove the mask they turn out to be quite attractive men».
- «How is this still viral when that scene is from years ago?».
- «90 percent of the men didn’t even notice the similarities, in 1994 we were more focused on the beautiful Chun-Li than on the fighting moves».
- «I think it is quite a used combat choreography, not only in these two productions».
- «What we should mention is the high quality of the “Street Fighter” movie, that movie is over twenty-five years old and it still looks amazing.».
It should be remembered that the video game for smartphones Kimetsu no Yaiba: Chifuu Kengeki Royale will be available in the catalog of QooApp soon in this link.
Synopsis of Kimetsu no Yaiba
In the Taisho era in Japan, Tanjirou Kamado is a kind and intelligent boy who lives with his family in the mountains. Tanjirou has become the head of his family after his father’s death, making constant trips to the village at the foot of the mountain to sell firewood and charcoal. However, his life changes when one day, returning home after spending a night out, he discovers that his family has been killed by a demon. Tanjirou and her sister Nezuko are the only survivors now, but she has been turned into a demon, although surprisingly she still displays emotions and seems to have a sense of reason. After an encounter with Giyuu Tomioka, a demon hunter; Tanjirou decides to become a demon hunter to hunt down his family’s killer and find a way to return Nezuko to normal.
© 吾 峠 呼 世 晴 ／ 集 英 社 ・ ア ニ プ レ ッ ク ス ・ ufotable