On the official site for the film adaptation of Sachiko Kashiwaba and Yukiko Saito’s novels, Misaki no Mayoiga (The House of the Lost on the Cape), he posted a new promotional video for the project. The video reveals more members of the voice cast, including:
- Sally Amaki as Zashiki-warashi, a house spirit who lives in the Cape’s house.
- Mikio Date (from the comedy duo Sandwich Man) as Kappa from Toyosawagawa.
- Takeshi Tomizawa (from the comedy duo Sandwich Man) as Kappa from Kitakamigawa.
- Shouhei Uno as Kappa from Mabechigawa.
The film has its premiere scheduled in theaters in Japan for next August 27. For her part, Kashiwaba published the original novels between May 2014 and July 2015 through the Weekly Nippo Junior of the Iwate Nippo publishing house. Subsequently, Kodansha Publishing began publishing a revised version with illustrations by Yukiko Saito in September 2015.
- Mana Ashida will play the main character Yui while Iwate Prefecture Governor
- Takuya Tasso will play the Kappa of Kozuchigawa.
- Shinya Kawatsura (Non Non Biyori, Sakurada Reset) is directing the feature film at David Production Studios.
- Reiko Yoshida (Aria the Animation, Kimi to, Nami ni Noretara) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
Synopsis of Misaki no Mayoiga
Seventeen-year-old Moeka, who lost her parents, and Yurie, who was seeking to escape her violent husband, got off one day at Kitsunezaki station. The great earthquake and tsunami of 2011 had completely changed their destinies. Their lives were saved, but they did not know what to answer when asked about their identities at an evacuation site. It was an old woman named Kiwa Yamana who gave them a hand. From that day on, Yurie was known as Yui and Moeka as Hiyori, and together with Kiwa, the three women began a wonderful new community life in the old M ”Mayoiga” house overlooking the sea.