A promotional video and image for the adaptation’s upcoming arc was revealed on the official Twitter account for the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Hiro Mashima, Edens Zero. The video shows a fragment of the new opening song titled “FOREVER” and performed by the band L’Arc-en-Ciel.
The series is on air in Japan and is confirmed with a total of twenty-five episodes. Furthermore, Mashima has been publishing the manga in Kodansha publisher’s Weekly Shonen Magazine since June 2018. The work is also inspiring two video games developed by Konami, with the first described as a 3D action role-playing game for consoles and the second as a role-playing game for smartphones.
Cast of voices
- Takuma Terashima as Shiki Granbell.
- Mikako Komatsu as Rebecca Bluegarden.
- Rie Kugimiya as Happy.
- Shinji Ishihara (Fairy Tail, Log Horizon) will serve as chief anime director at J.C. STAFF Studios, while Yuushi Suzuki (Fairy Tail) will serve as director.
- Mitsutaka Hirota (Zoids Wild, Kanojo Okarishimasu) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yurika Sato (Shokugeku no Souma) is in charge of character design.
- Takanori Nishikawa performed the first opening song titled “Eden through the rough”, while CHiCO with HoneyWorks performed the first closing song titled “Bouken no VLOG”.
Edens Zero Synopsis
All his life, Shiki has been surrounded by machines. In Granbell Kingdom, a long-abandoned amusement park, he’s the only one of his kind out there. That is, until Rebecca Bluegarden and her feline companion Happy arrive, unaware that they are Granbell’s first visitors in a hundred years. Their goal is to make funny videos for their B-Cube channel, but what they find is a friend in the socially awkward Shiki.
When Granbell becomes too dangerous for the three of them, they embark on an adventure through the Sakura Cosmos. They hope to make more interesting videos and even find the elusive Mother goddess, while Shiki wants to make more friends, prompted by the words of his late grandfather. Of course, the journey will not be easy, as no one has seen Mother before, but Shiki is determined to reach his goal and explore the limitless limits of space together with his new friends.