On the official Twitter account for the multimedia franchise based on the manga written and illustrated by Hiro Mashima, Edens Zero, it was announced that the animated adaptation will premiere outside of Japan through the Netflix platform in the upcoming Fall-2021 season ( October December). This is a six-month difference from the Japanese premiere, which is scheduled for today.
On the other hand, Mashima has been publishing the manga in Kodansha publisher’s Weekly Shonen Magazine since June 2018. The work is also inspiring two video games developed by Konami, revealed during the Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online event in September 2020, with the first described as a 3D action RPG for consoles and the second as an RPG for smartphones.
Cast of voices
- Takuma Terashima as Shiki Granbell.
- Mikako Komatsu as Rebecca Bluegarden.
- Rie Kugimiya as Happy.
- Shinji Ishihara (Fairy Tail, Log Horizon) will serve as chief anime director at J.C. STAFF Studios, while Yuushi Suzuki (Fairy Tail) will serve as director.
- Mitsutaka Hirota (Zoids Wild, Kanojo Okarishimasu) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yurika Sato (Shokugeku no Souma) is in charge of character design.
- Takanori Nishikawa performs the opening song titled “Eden through the rough”, while CHiCO with HoneyWorks performs the closing song titled “Bouken no VLOG”.
EDENS ZERO Synopsis
Shiki’s life as the only human to inhabit the planet Granbell, a huge robot-controlled amusement park, is altered by the arrival of Rebecca and hers, her cat, Happy. After fleeing together due to a robot rebellion, they set out on an adventure-filled interstellar journey in search of Mother, a colossal female entity who knows the full truth about the mighty Shiki.