A renowned Japanese leaker confirmed that the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Keisuki Itagaki, Hanma Baki (Grappler Baki – Son of Ogre), will premiere in the Netflix platform catalog (it is not confirmed whether globally or exclusively for Japan) in the upcoming Fall-2021 season (October-December).
For his part, Itagaki published the manga in Akita Shoten publisher’s Weekly Shonen Champion magazine between December 2005 and August 2012, with a total of thirty-seven compilation volumes published. The story is the third arc of the manga and focuses on the final meeting between Baki and his father, Yujiro.
Cast of voices
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Baki Hanma.
- Akio Ootsuka as Yuujirou Hanma.
- Sora Amamiya as Kozue Matsumoto.
- Toru Furuya is in charge of the narration.
- Toshiki Hirano is directing the anime at TMS Entertainment studios.
- Tatsuhiko Urahata is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Fujio Suzuki and Shingo Ishikawa are in charge of character design.
Synopsis of Grappler Baki
Baki Hanma was raised by his wealthy mother, Emi Akezawa, who also funded his martial arts training in hopes that in the future he would become a powerful warrior like his father, Yujiro Hanma. At the start of the series, Baki overcomes traditional training and heads out to follow in the footsteps of his ruthless father, meeting powerful fighters along the way, eventually reaching his father and being easily beaten. This experience will make the main objective in his life be to beat his father, for which he will need to hone his skills more and more.