The production team of the Sunrise Studios original anime and Inuyasha sequel project, Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi (Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon), confirmed that the second season of the project has dated its premiere in Japan for the next 2 October. The statement noted that boy-band NEWS will perform the series opening theme song.
The first season premiered in Japan in the Fall-2020 season and had a total of twenty-four episodes.The overall project is a direct sequel to the franchise based on the manga written and illustrated by Rumiko Takahashi, Inuyasha.
- Teruo Sato directed the first season at Sunrise Studios.
- Katsuyuki Sumisawa was in charge of writing and supervising the scripts for the first season.
- Rumiko Takahashi was in charge of the main character designs, while
- Yoshihito Hishinuma (Yakitate !! Japan, Shinjuku Private Eyes) was in charge of adapting these designs to animation.
- Kaoru Wada (Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo) was in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Hanyou no Yashahime Synopsis
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha’s daughters set off on an adventure that transcends time! In Feudal Japan, half-demon twins Towa and Setsuna are separated during a forest fire. As she desperately searches for her younger sister, Towa encounters a mysterious tunnel that transports her to modern Japan, where she is found and placed in the care of Kagome Higurashi’s brother, Sota, and her family.
Ten years later, the tunnel connecting the two ages is reopened, allowing Towa to rejoin Setsuna, who has now become a Youkai Assassin in conjunction with Kohaku. But the worst thing is that Setsuna seems to have lost the memories of her and no longer recognizes Towa. Now teaming up with Inuyasha’s daughter Moroha and Kagome, the three of them will travel between two eras on an adventure to reclaim a forgotten past.