On the official Twitter account for the animated adaptation of the manga written by HERO and illustrated by Daisuke Hagiwara, Horimiya, the preview of the thirteenth episode of the project was published. The episode will be broadcast on April 3 in Japan and is titled “I’d Give You Heaven”.
Although the account had been publishing the progress every week, it attracted attention because, according to users, the end of the manga is shown, corresponding to the graduation of the characters. This, they say, eliminates any possibility that the series will have a second season. “I was hoping that the anime would continue with a second season despite all the parts that were cut from the original manga, but they have all been lost by seeing this trailer. I’m really disappointed with this adaptation.
I had the little hope that the anime would have a second season with the things they cut from the manga but this preview broke all my hopes, I am really Disappointed with this Adaptation pic.twitter.com/r02ehwUcFc
– 望 (@UshiNozomu) April 3, 2021
“The last episode of this first season will then be the graduation ceremony, which means there will be no second season.”
1 期 の 最終 回 は 卒業 式 で す か 、 つ ま り 、 2 期 は な い の
– Qw3rTY (@ Qw3rTY_CW) April 3, 2021
«It’s the last episode and it’s graduation already. They really skipped a lot of things and went straight to the final chapter of the original manga.
it’s the last episode and it’s graduation already. Wow they really skipped a whole bunch of stuffs and head straight to the very last chapter of the manga https://t.co/SVFX3Qquzv
– berry (@cosmoslattes) April 3, 2021
On the other hand, the series has been broadcast in Japan since January 9 and is confirmed with thirteen episodes, while the distribution rights have remained in the hands of the Funimation platform. The manga ran through Square Enix publisher’s Monthly G Fantasy magazine since October 2011, and ended in March 2021.
- Masashi Ishihama (Glass no Hana to Kowasu Sekai, Persona 5 the Animation, Senkou no Night Raid) is directing the project at CloverWorks Studios.
- Takao Yoshioka (100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru, Demi-chan wa
- Kataritai, High School DxD) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Haruko Iizuka (Ensemble Stars !, Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko., Josee to
- Tora to Sakana-tachi) is in charge of character design.
- Masaru Yokoyama (Arakawa Under the Bridge, Fate / Apocrypha, Koi to Uso) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Although admired at school for her kindness and academic prowess, high school student Kyouko Hori has been hiding another side of her. With her parents often away from home due to her work, Hori has to take care of her younger brother and do household chores, without having time to socialize outside of school.
Meanwhile, Izumi Miyamura is seen as a haunting otaku who wears glasses. However, in reality he is a kind and inept person to study. Additionally, he has nine piercings hidden behind his long hair, and a tattoo along his back and left shoulder. By sheer chance, Hori and Miyamura pass each other outside of school, neither looking at the other. These seemingly opposites become friends, sharing a side that they have never shown to anyone.