On the official site for the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Nanashi, Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san (Don’t Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro), the second promotional video for the project was posted. The video confirms that the series will premiere in Japan on April 10 and shows a fragment of the opening song titled “EASY LOVE” and performed by Sumire Uesaka.
On the other hand, Nanashi has been publishing the manga through Kodansha and Pixiv publishers Magazine Pocket service since November 2017. The publisher published the ninth compiled volume on July 9 and recently exceeded 1.3 million copies in print.
Cast of voices
- Sumire Uesaka as Nagatoro.
- Daiki Yamashita as Senpai.
- Mikako Komatsu as Gamo-chan.
- Aina Suzuki as Yoshi.
- Shiori Izawa as Sakura.
- Hirokazu Hanai (Kami no Tou, Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoru, Tantei Kageki Milky Holmes TD) is directing the anime at Telecom Animation Film studios.
- Taku Kishimoto (Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Fruits Basket (2019), Fugou Keiji: Balance: Unlimited) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Misaki Suzuki (Tari Tari, Lupine III: Part 5) is in charge of character design.
- Gin (BUSTED ROSE) (Aho Girl, Dokyuu Hentai HxEros, Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!) Is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
- Sumire Uesaka performs the opening theme song with the single titled “EASY LOVE”, while Sumire Uesaka, Mikako Komatsu, Aina Suzuki and Shiori Izawa will perform the closing theme song “Colorful Canvas”.
Synopsis of Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san
High school student Hayase Nagatoro loves spending her spare time doing one thing, and that is teasing hers Senpai of hers! After Nagatoro and her friends stumble upon the aspiring artist’s drawings, they enjoy mercilessly teasing the shy Senpai. Nagatoro decides to continue his cruel game and visits him daily so that he can force Senpai to do whatever interests him at the time, especially if it makes him feel uncomfortable.
Slightly interested in Nagatoro and somewhat fearful of her, Senpai is constantly involved in her antics as her interests, hobbies, looks, and even personality are used against her while she entertains herself at her expense. As time passes, Senpai realizes that she doesn’t dislike Nagatoro’s presence, and the two develop an awkward friendship as one patiently endures the other’s antics.