INA News bring you the top 10 headlines to kick start your day and stay on top of the most important International news updates.
Here are the top news and stories in entertainment, sports, technology, gadgets genre from November 4, 2021 :
1. Drone Wars
November 4, 2021 Unseen, they stalk their targets from thousands of feet in the air. Operators are piloting them from military bases halfway across the world. At any moment, they could launch a strike that comes without warning. The attack drone was supposed to be a symbol of the era of precision warfare — a way to wage wars with fewer casualties on both sides. It’s a technology that’s been honed since it was first dreamed up during World War 1. But are drones actually precise enough? Do drones desensitize us to the casualties of civilians caught between us and our enemies? In this episode, we will explore the past, present and future of drone warfare.
2. New Yorkers vote against a potential expansion of ballot access for the state
November 3, 2021 New York voters soundly rejected constitutional amendments that would have allowed for same-day voter registration and universal absentee voting in future elections.
3. Chinese tennis athlete accuses former top Communist Party official of sexual assault
November 3, 2021 In a social media post Tuesday night, Peng Shuai described her assault years earlier at the hands of Zhang Gaoli. It’s the first public accusation of sexual assault against a senior Party officer.
4. Suicide rates fall again — but not for young adults and some people of color
November 3, 2021 Despite lockdowns, historic job losses and COVID-19, new figures from the CDC show that death by suicide dropped for a second straight year in 2020.
5. Tastykake recalls cakes that could have tiny pieces of metal in them
November 3, 2021 Flower Foods, which makes Tastykakes, said one of its vendors reported an ingredient in some cupcakes may have been contaminated with bits of wire mesh. The company is recalling the products.
6. The NRA is being sued for allegedly breaking campaign finance law to back Republicans
November 3, 2021 The lawsuit from the gun-control nonprofit Giffords claims the NRA used shell companies to funnel millions “in unlawful, excessive, and unreported in-kind campaign contributions” to GOP candidates.
7. Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti tests positive for COVID-19 at the climate summit
November 3, 2021 His office said no members of Garcetti’s staff tested positive and Garcetti is feeling well, isolating in his hotel room.
8. New Orleans trumpeter gets 18 months over post-Katrina charity fraud
November 3, 2021 Irvin Mayfield and pianist Ronald Markham were accused by prosecutors of steering more than $1.3 million in charity money meant for public libraries to their personal use.
9. House Democrats are bringing back paid leave in their spending bill
November 3, 2021 The legislation that House Democrats are working on includes a four-week paid leave program.
10. Stung by election results, moderate Dems want to hit the gas on infrastructure bill
November 3, 2021 The blame game played out on Capitol Hill with Democratic moderates and progressives conveying different messages from Tuesday’s electoral losses.