On the official Twitter account for the multimedia franchise of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure it was reported that the anime JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean it remains the most viewed title in the Netflix catalog in Japan, as well as the sixth in the United States catalog. The post invited fans to share where the series ranks in their respective countries, and the feedback was quite positive:
- Fifth position in Brazil, ninth position in Indonesia, third position in France, sixth position in Panama, sixth position in Paraguay, eighth position in Italy, tenth position in Argentina, sixth position in Costa Rica, ninth position in the United Kingdom, tenth position in Peru, seventh position in Canada, third position in Chile, tenth position in Greece and second position in Finland, to name a few.
The series premiered its first twelve episodes globally in Netflix on December 1, followed by a Japanese television premiere in January 2022. Stone Ocean is the sixth story arc of the main series written and illustrated by Hirohiko araki, which was published in the magazine Weekly Shonen Jump from the publisher Shueisha between January 2000 and April 2003. On the other hand, the preceding arc entitled Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind it was published in the same magazine between November 1995 and April 1999, with a total of seventeen compilation volumes.
- Kenichi suzuki is in charge of the overall direction of the project, while Toshiyuki Kato (Captain Tsubasa (2018), JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 4: Diamond wa Kudakenai, Mission-E) is in charge of the direction in the studies David Production.
- Yasuko kobayashi (Claymore, Garo: Honoo no Kokuin, JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (TV), JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Masanori shino (Black Lagoon, Digimon Adventure Tri, No Guns Life) is in charge of character design and animation direction, while Shunichi ishimoto is in charge of the design of the stands.
- Yoshikawa Iwanami handles the sound direction, while Yuugo Kanno (Ajin, JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 3: Stardust Crusaders, JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 4: Diamond wa Kudakenai, JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
SJojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean inopsis
In Florida, 2011, Jolyne Kuujou is sitting in a cell like her father Joutarou was; however, this situation is not your own choice. Indicted for a crime she has not committed and manipulated into serving a longer sentence, Jolyne is willing to resign herself to a dire fate as a prisoner in the Delfin Verde Street jail. Although all hope seems lost, a gift from Joutarou ends up awakening his latent abilities, manifesting in his Stand, Stone Free. Now armed with the power to change her destiny, Jolyne sets out to find a way out of the ocean of stone that holds her. However, he soon discovers that his incarceration is but one small part of a grand plot – one that not only targets his family, but has additional far-reaching consequences. What’s more, the brain lurks in the same prison, and is under the protection of a lineup of menacing Stand users. Jolyne finds unlikely allies to aid her cause, and sets out to stop the plot, clear her name, and get her life back.
Source: Official Twitter Account
© LUCKY LAND COMMUNICATIONS / 集 英 社 ・ ジ ョ ジ ョ の 奇妙 な 冒 険 SO 製作 委員会