As previously announced, the anime’s opening sequence was revealed during a special broadcast. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean), which has the theme “STONE OCEAN” interpreted by Ichigo from Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets. Unlike anime, which is produced by the studios David Production, this opening sequence was produced by studios Kamikaze douga.
During the broadcast it was also announced that the voice actor Tomokazu seki will be in charge of playing the character Enrico Pucci, the antagonist of this story arc.
The series will premiere its first twelve episodes globally in Netflix on December 1, followed by a Japanese television premiere in January 2022. Stone Ocean is the sixth story arc of the main series written and illustrated by Hirohiko araki, which was published in the magazine Weekly Shonen Jump from the publisher Shueisha between January 2000 and April 2003. On the other hand, the preceding arc entitled Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind it was published in the same magazine between November 1995 and April 1999, with a total of seventeen compilation volumes.
Cast of voices
- Ai fairouz as Jolyne Kuujou.
- Mutsumi Tamura like Ermes Costello.
- Mariya Ise like Foo Fighters.
- Atsumi Tanezaki as Emporio Alniño.
- Yuichiro umehara like Weather Report.
- Daisuke namikawa as Narciso Anasui
- Kenichi suzuki is in charge of the overall direction of the project, while Toshiyuki Kato (Captain Tsubasa (2018), JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 4: Diamond wa Kudakenai, Mission-E) is in charge of the direction in the studies David Production.
- Yasuko kobayashi (Claymore, Garo: Honoo no Kokuin, JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (TV), JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Masanori shino (Black Lagoon, Digimon Adventure Tri, No Guns Life) is in charge of character design and animation direction, while Shunichi Ishimoto is in charge of the design of the stands.
- Yoshikawa Iwanami takes care of the sound direction, while Yuugo Kanno (Ajin, JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 3: Stardust Crusaders, JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 4: Diamond wa Kudakenai, JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
SJojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean inopsis
In Florida, 2011, Jolyne Kuujou is sitting in a cell like her father Joutarou was; however, this situation is not your own choice. Indicted for a crime she has not committed and manipulated into serving a longer sentence, Jolyne is willing to resign herself to a dire fate as a prisoner in the Delfin Verde Street jail. Although all hope seems lost, a gift from Joutarou ends up awakening his latent abilities, manifesting in his Stand, Stone Free. Now, armed with the power to change her destiny, Jolyne sets out to find a way out of the ocean of stone that holds her. However, he soon discovers that his imprisonment is but one small part of a grand plot – one that not only targets his family, but has additional far-reaching consequences. What’s more, the brain lurks in the same prison, and is under the protection of a line of menacing Stand users. Jolyne finds unlikely allies to aid her cause, and sets out to stop the plot, clear her name, and get her life back.
Source: Comic Natalie
© LUCKY LAND COMMUNICATIONS / 集 英 社 ・ ジ ョ ジ ョ の 奇妙 な 冒 険 SO 製作 委員会