Released on July 29, the promotional video for the upcoming animated film in the Jujutsu Kaisen animated franchise, titled Jujutsu Kaisen 0, has already accumulated over 3.5 million cumulative views on YouTube, proving its popularity. In addition, on Twitter the same video has already exceeded 5.5 million views.
This project was announced during the final episode of the series on March 26 and will adapt the prequel to the original manga also known as “Volume 0”, whose official title is Jujutsu Kaisen 0 Tokyo Toritsu Jujutsu Koto Senmon Gakkou. Furthermore, Gege Akutami began publishing the manga in Shueisha publisher’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in March 2018. The work inspired a twenty-four episode anime series aired in Japan from October 2020 to March 2021.
Cast of voices
- Mikako Komatsu as Maki Zenin.
- Kouki Uchiyama as Toge Inumaki.
- Tomokazu Seki as Panda.
- Yuuichi Nakamura as Satoru Gojou.
- Takahiro Sakurai as Guguru Getou.
- Megumi Ogata as Yuta Okkotsu.
- Seong-Hu Park (Garo: Vanishing Line, The God of High School) is directing the feature film at MAPPA Studios, repeating his role in the animated series.
Hiroshi Seko (Ajin, Banana Fish, Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi, Inuyashiki) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts, repeating his role in the animated series.
- Tadashi Hiramatsu (Abenobashi Mahou ☆ Shounemosi, Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu, Sayonara no Asa and Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou) is in charge of character design, repeating his role in the animated series.
Jujutsu Kaisen Synopsis 0
Yuta Okkotsu is a nervous high school student who suffers from a serious problem: his childhood friend, Rika, has turned into a cursed spirit and does not leave him alone. Since Rika is no ordinary cursed spirit, Satoru Gojo, a professor at the Jujutsu Academy, a school where novice exorcists learn to fight curses, realizes her plight. Gojo convinces Yuta to sign up, but will he be able to learn enough in time to face the cursed spirit that haunts him?