On the official site for the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Gege Akutami, Jujutsu Kaisen, details and cover art for the project’s fifth volume Blu-ray / DVD compilation were revealed. It is worth mentioning that the five covers revealed to date make up an even larger illustration of the franchise.
This volume will be released in Japan on May 26 and will include the thirteenth to fifteenth episodes of this series. The Blu-ray version will be priced at 7,480 yen (approximately $72), while the DVD version will be priced at 6,380 yen (approximately $61). Both versions will include a Drama CD, a pamphlet and an illustration booklet. It should be noted that the first volume was released on January 20 and accumulated 22,701 copies sold in its first week.
The series has been on air since last October 2, it is confirmed with a total of 24 episodes and it resumed on January 15 in Japan with the broadcast of the fourteenth episode after a two-week hiatus. Finally, its global distribution is in the hands of the Crunchyroll platform, while Akutami has been publishing the manga in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine since March 2018.
- Sunghoo Park (God of High School, Garo: Vanishing Line) is directing the anime at MAPPA Studios.
- Hiroshi Seko (Dorohedoro, Banana Fish) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Tadashi Hiramatsu (Yuri! On Ice, Parasyte: The Maxim) is in charge of character design.
- Hiroaki Tsutsumi, Yoshimasa Terui, and Okehazama Alisa are in charge of composing the soundtrack.
- Who-ya Extended performs the second opening song titled “VIVID VICE”
- Cö shu Nie performs the second closing song titled “give it back”.
Jujutsu Kaisen Synopsis
Yuuji Itadori is a high school student with exceptional physical abilities. Every day, as a routine, he goes to the hospital to visit his sick grandfather and decides to join the institute’s occult club. However, one fine day the seal of the talisman that was hidden in his institute is broken, and monsters begin to appear. Faced with this turn of events, Itadori decides to enter the institute to save his companions. What will fate bring him?