Shogakukan publishing house published the cover of this year’s 24th issue of Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine, confirming the production of an animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Tomohito Oda, Komi-san wa, Komyushou desu (Komi Can’t Communicate ). This edition will be released on May 12 in Japan, and the production details that were leaked this morning are expected to be confirmed. The notebook Komi is holding has the text “ア ニ メ 化 で す”, which translates to “It will be animated”.
According to a previous leak, the series has its premiere scheduled for next October in Japan, and the content of the fields “Voice cast” and “Production team” have also been part of this leak, so They are not yet fully confirmed. For his part, Oda began publishing the manga in May 2016 through Shogakukan publisher’s Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. The publisher published the 19th compiled volume in November 2020, followed by the 20th on February 18 in Japan. The work already has more than 5.2 million copies in circulation.
Cast of voices
- Aoi Koga (Kaguya Shinomiya in Kaguya-sama: Love is War) as Komi Shouko.
- Gakuto Kajiwara (Asta in Black Clover) as Hitohito Tadano.
- Rie Murakawa (Ram in Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) as Najimi Osana.
- Ayumu Watanabe is in charge of directing supervision, while Kazuki Kawagoe (Beyblade Burst God, Beyblade Burst GT) is in charge of anime direction at OLM studios (Pokemon, Kenpuu Denki Berserk, Utawarerumono).
- Deko Akao (3D Kanojo: Real Girl, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou, Nazo no Kanojo X) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
Synopsis of Komi-san wa, Komyushou desu
On her first day attending the Itan Private Academy, Shouko Komi immediately receives overwhelming attention and popularity due to her stoic beauty and refined elegance, which is why her peers perceive her as a goddess.
However, only Hitohito Tadano, an average student assigned to the seat next to her in class, is able to discover that behind what everyone else believes, Komi actually has a serious problem communicating with others. Tadano then decides to help her fulfill her dream of making a hundred friends.