A leak from Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine confirmed that the animated adaptation of Tomohito Oda’s manga, Komi-san wa, Komyushou desu (Komi Can’t Communicate) has set its Japanese premiere for October 6. The leak also included a preview of the next promo image, which will be officially released at a later date. The leak also revealed new members of the voice cast, including:
- Yukiyo Fujii as Agari Himiko.
- Rina Hidaka as Ren Yamai.
- Rumi Ookubo as Omoharu Nakanaka.
- Noriko Hidaka as the Narrator.
It should be noted that no platform has confirmed its transmission in the West to date. For his part, Oda began publishing the manga in May 2016 through Shogakukan publisher’s Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. The publisher published the 20th compiled volume in February 2021, followed by the 21st in May 2021 in Japan. The work already has more than 5.2 million copies in circulation.
Cast of voices
- Aoi Koga (Kaguya Shinomiya in Kaguya-sama: Love is War) as Komi Shouko.
- Gakuto Kajiwara (Asta in Black Clover) as Hitohito Tadano.
- Rie Murakawa (Ram in Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) as Najimi Osana.
- Ayumu Watanabe is in charge of directing supervision, while Kazuki Kawagoe (Beyblade Burst God, Beyblade Burst GT) is in charge of anime direction at OLM studios (Pokemon, Kenpuu Denki Berserk, Utawarerumono).
- Deko Akao (3D Kanojo: Real Girl, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Hige wo Soru.
- Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou, Nazo no Kanojo X) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Atsuko Nakajima (Bungou to Alchemist: Shinpan no Haguruma, Princess Princess, Sakamoto Desu ga?) Is in charge of character design.
Synopsis of Komi-san wa, Komyushou desu
On her first day attending Itan Private Academy, Shouko Komi immediately receives overwhelming attention and popularity due to her stoic beauty and refined elegance, which is why she is perceived as a goddess by her classmates. However, only Hitohito Tadano, an average student assigned to the seat next to her in class, is able to discover that behind what everyone else believes, Komi actually has a serious problem communicating with others. Tadano then decides to help her fulfill her dream of making a hundred friends.