During the AnimeJapan 2021 event, a new promotional image was revealed for the animated adaptation of the light novels Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? (So I’m a Spider, So What?). The visual promotes the second part of the adaptation, which will debut with the thirteenth episode of the series scheduled for April 9 in Japan. The press release also revealed a preview for this new episode.
The series has been broadcast in Japan since January 8 in Japan and is confirmed with a total of 24 episodes that will be broadcast consecutively, with the Crunchyroll platform in charge of its global distribution. On the other hand, Okina Baba and Tsukasa Kiryuu began publishing the light novels in December 2015 through the Fujimi Shobo publishing house.
- Shin Itagaki (Teekyuu, Berserk (2016), Cop Craft) is directing the anime at Millepensee Studios, with ENGI Studios participating in the production of CG animation.
- Okina Baba and Yuuichirou Momose (Infinite Dendrogram, Ore ga Suki nano wa Imōto dakedo Imōto ja nai) are in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Kii Tanaka (Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu, Hinomaru Zumō) is in charge of character design, while Masahiko Suzuki, Ryou Hirata, and Hiromi Kimura are in charge of monster design.
- Shuuji Katayama is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
- Riko Azuni performs the opening song titled “Keep Weaving Your Spider Way”, while Aoi Yuuki performs the closing song titled “Gambare! Kumoko-san”.
Synopsis of Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?
The world where the Hero and the Demon King continue to oppose each other. The great magic of the Hero and the Demon King cross worlds and explode in the classroom of a certain high school. The students who died in the explosion will reincarnate in a different world. The protagonist, who has the lowest reputation in the class, was reincarnated as a spider. However, she quickly adapted to the present condition with great willpower. This is a story of a spider trying everything she can to survive.