On the official Twitter account for the animated adaptation of the Sayonara Watashi no Cramer (Farewell, My Dear Cramer) manga, a new promotional image of the project was posted. The visual stars the character Midori Soshizaki, played by Aoi Yuuki.
The series is scheduled to premiere in Japan on April 4. Additionally, a prequel titled Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Movie: First Touch was scheduled to premiere on April 1 in theaters in Japan, however, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the decision was made to delay it until next summer. Naoshi Arakawa began publishing the manga in Kodansha publisher’s Monthly Shonen Magazine in May 2016 and ended it in December 2020.
Cast of voices
- Miyuri Shimabukuro as Nozomi Onda.
- Shion Wakayama as Sawa Echizen.
- Kouki Uchiyama as Kaoru Takei.
- Ryoko Shiraishi as Junpei Onda.
- Koji Yusa as Kouzou Sameji.
- Shimba Tsuchiya as Yasuaki Tani.
- Seiki Takuno (Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet, Koi to Uso, Sekkou Boys) is in charge of directing both projects at LIDEN FILMS studios.
- Natsuko Takahashi (Bleach, Cutie Honey Universe, Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Toei is in charge of the distribution of the film project.
- Aika Kobayashi will perform the opening song titled “AMBITIOUS GOAL”, while Mikako Komatsu will perform the closing song titled “Kuyashii Koto wa Kettobase”.
Synopsis of Sayonara Watashi no Cramer
With no footballing achievements to speak of for the entirety of Sumire Suou’s high school years, the young winger receives a strange offer. Suou’s main rival, Midori Soshizaki, invites her to join the same team in high school, promising that she will never let Suou “play alone.” It is a serious offer, but the question is whether Suou will accept it. This is how the curtain opens on a story that brings together a huge cast of individual football personalities!