A new promotional video for the project was posted on the official site for the animated adaptation of the comedy and horror manga written and illustrated by Tomoki Izumi, Mieruko-chan. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for next October, and reveals members of the voice cast and production team.
Izumi began publishing the manga through Kadokawa publisher’s ComicWalker magazine in November 2018. The publisher published the third compiled volume in March 2020, followed by the fourth in September of the same year in Japan. Regarding the author, he has previously only published the Gemini manga.
Cast of voices
- Sora Amamiya as Miko Yotsuya.
- Kaede Hondo as Hana Yurikawa.
- Ayane Sakura as Yulia Nikaidou.
- Yuuki Ogawa (FLCL Progressive, Ishuzoku Reviewers, Ooyasan wa Shishunki!) Is directing the anime at Passione Studios.
- Kenta Ihara (Kyuukyoku Shinka shita Full Dive RPG ga Genjitsu yori mo Kusoge Dattara, Ore dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon, Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Chikashi Kadekaru (Houkago Mania Club: Koi no Hoshii no, Juuni Taisen, Ta ga Tame no Alchemist) is in charge of character design and animation direction, while Makoto Uno (Choujuushin Gravion, High School DxD Hero, Seikon no Qwaser) ) is in charge of the design of the monsters.
- Sora Amamiya will perform the opening song titled “Mienai Kara ne!? (Since You Can’t See Them, Right!?) ”.
Synopsis of Mieruko-chan
Miko is a typical high school student whose life is turned upside down when she suddenly begins to see hideous and hideous monsters. Despite being completely terrified, she Miko goes about her daily life, pretending not to notice the horrors that surround her. She must endure fear to keep her and her friend Hana hers out of harm’s way, even if it means coming face to face with the worst. Mixing comedy and horror, Mieruko-chan tells the story of a girl who tries to deal with the paranormal by acting indifferent towards it.