Warner Bros. Japan and the studies BONES announced the production of a third season for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by ONE, Mob Psycho 100. The studies BONES They will return to production on the project with a new director in charge, and the statement did not reveal a release date.
ONE published the original manga through the magazine Ura Sunday from the publisher Shogakukan between April 2012 and December 2017, compiling the work in a total of sixteen volumes. The twelve-episode animated adaptation was produced by the studios BONES, under the direction of Yuzuru Tachikawa and scripts written by Hiroshi seko, released in July 2016. A thirteen-episode second season featured the same production team and was released in January 2019.
Cast of voices
- Takahiro sakurai as Arataka Reigen.
- Setsuo itou as Shigeo Kageyama.
- Akio Ootsuka like Ekubo.
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Teruki Hanazawa.
- Miyu inno as Ritsu Kageyama.
- Toshihiko seki as Musashi Gouda.
- Atsumi Tanezaki as Tome Kurata.
- Takahiro hasui (Bungo Stray Dogs, Sk8 the Infinity) is in charge of the direction of this third season in the studios BONES.
- Hiroshi seko (Darling in the FranXX, Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi, Jujutsu Kaisen) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yoshimichi Kameda, Kazuhiro Wakabayashi and Kenji kawai they return to handle character design, sound direction, and score composition, respectively.
Synopsis of Mob Psycho 100
Shigeo “Mob” Kageyama, an eighth grader, has tapped into his inner source of psychic prowess at a young age. But power quickly proves to be a drag when he realizes the potential danger to his abilities. Choosing to suppress his power, Mob’s only current use for his ability is to impress his longtime crush, Tsubomi, who soon grows bored of the same tricks.
To exert control over his abilities, Mob enlists under the wing of Arataka Reigen, a con artist claiming to be a psychic, who exploits Mob’s powers for pocket change. Now, exorcising evil spirits in order has become part of Mob’s monotonous daily life. However, the psychic energy it exerts is just the tip of the iceberg; If his vast potential and unbridled emotions run wild, it will unleash a cataclysmic event that would render him completely unrecognizable. The progression towards the Mob explosion is increasing and trying to stop it is futile.
Source: Comic Natalie
© ONE ・ 小学 館 ／ 「モ ブ サ イ コ 100 Ⅱ」 製作 委員会