A new promotional video for the project was posted on the official site for Bandai Namco Pictures’ original animated film Hula Fulla Dance. The press release also included a new promotional image and featured the theme song “Sunflower” performed by the musical group Philosophy no Dance.
This film had its premiere scheduled for the Summer-2021 season (July-September) in theaters in Japan, but was indefinitely delayed for “multiple reasons”, and is now scheduled for December 3. It stars Hiwa Natsunagi, an original character created by Bandai Namco Pictures Studios in September 2020 to support tourism in the city of Iwaki in Fukushima Prefecture. The character was designed by Hiroko Yaguchi, better known as the character designer for Aikatsu!
Cast of voices
- Haruka Fukuhara as Hiwa Natsunagi.
- Dean Fujioka as Ryota Fujikake.
- Yuuki Yamada as Kazuto Taira.
- Karen Miyama as Kanna Kamakura.
- Miyu Tomita as Ranko Takigawa.
- Emiri Touyama as Shion Shirasawa.
- Seiji Mizushima (Fullmetal Alchemist, Mobile Suit Gundam 00) is directing the project, with Shinya Watada (Aikatsu Stars! The Movie) directing at Bandai Namco Pictures Studios.
- Reiko Yoshida (Girls und Panzer, Violet Evergarden) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Hiroko Yaguchi (Aikatsu!) Is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Michiru Oshima (Fullmetal Alchemist) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Description of Hiwa Natsunagi (Hula Fulla Dance)
Hiwa Natsunagi is a 19-year-old native and resident of the city of Iwaki. She is the newest hire at the Hawaiian resort and is fighting to become a member of the Hawaiian dance club. She has already opened her official Twitter account to regularly post information about the city and the prefecture from her perspective. Also, she will share her daily struggles as a rookie hula dancer and some trivia about this activity.