Among the outstanding news this week is the fact that the shares or quotas of the first Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) can be traded by the Chilean public in US dollars. The instrument, launched in Canada last February, raised $ 421 million within two days of its presentation on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
For its part, the price of Bitcoin has continued to decline this week, oscillating between $ 50,000 and $ 58,000 in seven days . On average, the pioneer crypto currency lost 2% of its value. At the time of writing this article, BTC is trading at USD 55,306, as reflected in the market price of Latin America and Spain.
These are the most outstanding news:
- Canadian investment firm Purpose Investments’ first Bitcoin exchange-traded investment fund (ETF) entered the Latin American market in early March, after going public on the Santiago de Chile Stock Exchange. According to a statement from the firm, there has been an agreement between the Santiago Stock Exchanges and the Canadian Stock Exchange since 2014 that allows “Canadian securities listed on TSX to access the double listing on the Venture Market of the Santiago Stock Exchange.” Meanwhile, in the United States, the investment management firm, Fidelity Investments and the Goldman Sachs bank applied separately to the SEC for permission to launch two Bitcoin exchange-traded funds.
- The United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the CFTC, sanctioned the Coinbase exchange with a fine of $ 6.5 million. According to the CFTC, the Bitcoin exchange delivered , between January 2015 and September 2018, erroneous information about transactions with digital assets executed on the GDAX e-commerce platform. Simultaneously, Bitcoin bank Avanti Financial Group ended the Series a funding round with a raise of $ 37 million. Since the opening of the round, Binance, Coinbase and other investors from the crypto-asset ecosystem have helped bring the total sum to surpass $ 44 million.
- The price of Bitcoin fell below $ 52,000 on March 25. The fall caused the liquidation of open positions on derivatives platforms. ByBt data showed that, by that date, there was a total liquidation of $ 1.02 billion in long positions . But, while panic could take hold of investors, analyst Willy Woo assured that the upward cycle is far from reaching its top. Woo assured that the long-term Bitcoin accumulation pattern shows that there is “much of the year before we see a spike in this bull market.” For his part, Jordan Belfort, a writer, consultant and former self-proclaimed stockbroker as “The Wolf of Wall Street,” expects Bitcoin to rise to $ 100,000. The expert changed the opinion expressed in 2017 when he assured that the crypto currency “would collapse.” In an interview he acknowledged being wrong in his position.
- For Jesse Powell, CEO and co-founder of the Kraken exchange, apart from Bitcoin and the crypto currency of Ethereum, I would not look at other crypto currencies. In his opinion, the first two crypto currencies by market capitalization are super safe. Instead, the rest “become exotic.” Although Powell does not deny that they allow for higher returns, he admits that the risk is greater. At the same time, billionaire investor Ray Dalio, founder of the investment fund Bridgewater Associates, assured that cash is and will remain garbage and that investing in bonds now is “stupid . ” On the other hand, the former employee of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) of the United States, Edward Snowden, pointed out that the biggest problem that Bitcoin registers is linked to the lack of privacy in transactions. He indicated that the concept of privacy is important to protect people.
- The founder of the Free Market and billionaire Argentine businessman, Marcos Galperin, tokenizó their identity in ethereum network to the complete registration Test humanity or Proof of humanity in the UBI (Universal Basic Income) project for distribution of a universal basic income. Galperin validated the information on Sunday March 21 on the new identification platform. Now your data is public and verifiable on the smart contract network. The technical specifications that will allow merging Ethereum 1.0 and 2.0 were recently released. The new features would allow both versions to work in parallel , while completing the final migration to version 2.0.
- Simple TV, the largest satellite television operator in Venezuela, accepts payments with Bitcoin and other crypto currencies. Users of the company that replaced DirecTV after its departure from the country can now cancel television plans through Crypto buyer’s payment gateway . They can top up using Bitcoin, ether (ETH), DASH, litecoin (LTC), Crypto buyer’s own XPT token, and stablecoin tether (USDT), through the Tron network. On the other hand, the crypto currency exchange and market Kripton Market develops projects to implement its payment services with Bitcoin and other crypto currencies in 100 commercial premises in Caracas , Venezuela. In exclusive comments to INA, Juan Pablo Moreno, CEO of Kripton Market, pointed out that they are working on a project that involves retail businesses and also the supermarket chain Automercados Plaza.
If you want to know the meaning of several words in the crypto world terminology, you can consult them in the extensive Crypto News Glossary.
FUD (Fear Uncertainly Doubt): English-speaking acronym for “Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt”, three reactions that some entities seek to generate in investors to influence the crypto asset markets. Contrary to the FOMO, it causes it to be sold en masse and the price of that crypto active fall.