On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Shinobu ohtaka, Orient, a new project promotional image was published. The press release confirmed that the series will have an early premiere of its first two episodes at a special event scheduled for December 12 at the Makuhari International Training Center in Tokyo.
The series has its premiere scheduled for January 2022 in Japan. For his part, Ohtaka began the publication of the manga in the magazine Weekly Shonen Magazine from the publisher Kodansha in May 2018. The work was moved to a monthly publication in the magazine Bessatsu Shonen Magazine at the beginning of this year. Shinobu ohtaka is perhaps best known for being the author of manga like Magi, Magi: Sinbad no Bouken and Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou no Yome, all of which have inspired anime adaptations.
Cast of voices
- Yuuma uchida like Musashi.
- Souma Saitou as Kojirou Kanemaki.
- Rie Takahashi as Tsugumi Hattori.
- Satoshi Hino as Naotora Takeda.
- Tetsuya Yanagisawa (Shattered Angels, High School DxD, Senran Kagura Shinovi Master) is in charge of the direction of the anime in the studios ACGT
- Makiko kunisawa (Ascendance of a Bookworm, Magimoji Rurumo, Hatsukoi Limited) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Takahiro kishida (Serial Experiments Lain, Baccano !, Haikyu !!) is in charge of character design.
- Hideyuki Fukasawa (Fate / stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Flowers of Evil, Katsugeki: Touken Ranbu) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
At age 10, best friends, Musashi and Kojiro, sat in emotional silence as Kojiro’s father told stories of evil demons preying on the innocent, and warriors defeating them. By practicing swordsmanship, the two vow to become the strongest in the world. But as they grow older, Kojiro becomes cynical and Musashi realizes that he cannot roll back 150 years of demonic dominance on his own. They call him a prodigy with a pickaxe, and he’s almost ready to settle for a life of work. However, he cannot help feeling that he still has a responsibility to act … and soon, the injustices of his world will force him to act …
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) 大 高 忍 ・ 講 談 社 ／ 「オ リ エ ン ト」 製作 委員会