Whether it’s human or natural causes, the world is always changing, but we don’t always realize it until we compare two photographs. The physical change that each place goes through leaves a story that wants to be told.
We created a before and after collection so you can see how even the smallest change can make a big difference over time.
1. Chichén Itzá, Mexico, in 1892 and now
2. Mount Saint Helena the day before the 1980 eruption and the day after
3. The Buddha of Bāmiyān, from Afghanistan, in 1963 and after its destruction in 2008
4. Des Moines, Iowa, in 1868 and now
5. Hong Kong in the 1960s and now
How much has your city changed? Maybe you have images to share with us? What change was the most surprising in our collection? Tell us your ideas in the comments below.