On the official site for the animated adaptation of the light novels written by Yuri Kitayama and illustrated by Riv, Seirei Gensouki (Spirit Chronicles), the first full promotional video for the project was posted. The video shows a fragment of the opening theme performed by Marika Kouno and titled “New Story”, and confirms again that the series will premiere next July.
The press release also announced the development of a video game titled Seirei Gensouki Another Tale, which will feature Rio and other characters from the original story. The game will be free with an internal store and will be available for browsers and mobile devices in Japan soon.
Kitayama began publishing the novels through the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in February 2012, and subsequently Hobby Japan publisher’s HJ Bunko imprint began publishing on paper with Riv’s illustrations in September 2015. The publisher published the seventeenth volume on September 1 in Japan.
Cast of voices
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Rio / Haruto Amakawa.
- Akane Fujita as Celia Claire.
- Yuuki Kuwahara as Aishia.
- Tomori Kusunoki as Latifa.
- Sayaka Harada as Miharu Ayase.
- Sayumi Suzushiro as Christina Beltrum.
- Kaede Hondo as Flora Beltrum.
- Sayaka Kaneko as Roanna Fontaine.
- Kenji Hamada as Alfred Emerle.
- Atsushi Tamaru as Charles Arbor.
- Osamu Yamasaki (ACTORS: Songs Connection, Hakkenden: Tōhō Hakken Ibun, Time Travel Shōjo: Mari Waka to 8-nin no Kagakusha-tachi) is directing the anime at TMS Entertainment Studios in collaboration with Wao World Studios, and He is also in charge of writing and supervising the series scripts.
- Kyoko Yufu (ACTORS: Songs Connection, Inazuma Eleven: Ares no Tenbin, Dōkyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue) is in charge of character design.
- Yasuyuki Yamazaki (Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale, Madan no Ō to Vanadis, Shachō, Battle no Jikan Desu!) Is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
- Marika Kouno performs the opening song titled “New Story”, while Aguri Oonishi performs the closing song titled “Elder Flower”.
Synopsis of Seirei Gensouki
Haruto Amakawa is a young man who died before reuniting with his childhood friend who disappeared five years ago, while Rio is a suburban boy who seeks revenge for the murder of his mother that occurred when he was five years old. . Earth and another world, two people with completely different backgrounds and values. For some reason, the memories and personality of Haruto, who should have died, are resurrected in Rio’s body. While the two are confused by the fusion of their personalities, Rio decides to live in this new world.
Along with Haruto’s memories, Rio awakens a “special power” and it seems that if he uses it well, he could live a better life. But before that, Rio stumbles upon the scene of a kidnapping, which turns out to be of a princess from the Bertram Kingdom, in which he lives. After saving her, Rio receives a scholarship to the Royal Academy, a school for rich and powerful young men. However, being a poor orphan boy in a name school makes it an extremely detestable place for him.