On the official site for the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Hajime Musashino, Shakunetsu Kabaddi (Burning Kabaddi), the distribution information for the compiled Blu-ray packages was posted. This information confirmed that the series will have a total of twelve episodes.
- Package 1 (episodes 1 to 4) – July 2, 2021.
- Package 2 (episodes 5 to 8) – August 4, 2021.
- Package 3 (episodes 9-12) – September 3, 2021.
The series has been broadcast in Japan since April 2, and no platform announced its distribution to the West. For his part, Hajime Musashino began publishing the manga in Shogakukan publisher’s Ura Sunday web magazine since 2015. The publisher published the fifteenth compiled volume on October 12 in Japan.
Cast of voices
- Yuuma Uchida as Tatsuya Hoigoshi.
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Masato Ohjyo.
- Gen Sato as Souma Azemachi.
- Makoto Furukawa as Kei Iura.
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Kyouhei Misumi.
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Shinji Date.
- Shinichirou Kamio as Nobutaka Ban.
- Wataru Komada as Ryuta Seki.
- Ayumu Murase as Yuuki Hitomi.
- Kazuya Ichikawa (The World Ends With You – The Animation, Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun) is directing the anime at TMS Entertainment Studios in collaboration with Domerica Studios.
- Yuuko Kakihara (Aikatsu !, Digimon Adventure Tri, Hataraku Saibou) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Midori Gotou (Bakugan: Armored Alliance, Bakugan Battle Planet) is in charge of character design.
- Ken Ito (Hina Logi: from Luck & Logic, 100-Man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis of Shakunetsu Kabaddi
The story begins when a kabaddi high school club recruits former high school soccer team ace, Tatsuya Yoetsu, who has now retired and hates the sport. Kabaddi is a popular sport in Southeast Asia that is even the national sport of Bangladesh. A player of the team must invade the opposing court and “capture” the players without breathing, the attacker will demonstrate the latter by singing continuously.