On the official site for the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Koharu Ikami, Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid (The Duke of Death and his Black Maid), a new promotional video for the project was posted. The video confirms that the series will premiere on July 4 in Japan.
Ikami has been publishing the manga through the Shogakukan publishing house’s Sunday Webry portal since October 2017. The publishing house published the ninth compiled volume in May 2020, and the tenth in October of the same year. The work accumulated more than 900 thousand copies in circulation in October 2020.
Cast of voices
- Natsuki Hanae as Bocchan.
- Ayumi Mano as Alice.
- Hoochuu Ootsuka as Rob.
- Inori Minase as Viola.
- Wakana Kuramochi as Caph.
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Zain.
- Yuuma Uchida as Walter.
- Yoshiki Yamakawa (Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka, High Score Girl, Little Busters!) Is directing the anime at J.C. STAFF studios in collaboration with SMDE studios, which are in charge of CGI animation.
- Hideki Shirane (Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken, Date A Live, Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Michiru Kuwabata (High Score Girl, Penguin no Mondai) is in charge of character design
- Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid
Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid Synopsis
Cursed by a witch as a child, a young duke gained the unwanted power to kill all living things he touches. Forced to move away from his family and into a large mansion deep in the woods, the duke is treated as if he does not exist and his companions continually reject him.
However, he is not completely alone. Rob and Alice, his butler and maid, are always by his side. Alice loves to tease him and as their relationship grows, the duke sets out to free himself from his deadly curse. Of course, he’s going to need help, and who better to do it than the various inhabitants of the supernatural?