On the official site for the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Maiko Uchino, Slow Loop, the first promotional video of the project was published. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for the month of January 2022 and reveals the cast of voices of the project.
Uchino published the manga as a one-shot in Houbunsha publisher’s Manga Time Kirara Forward magazine in April 2018, before beginning a serialization in September 2018. Houbunsha publisher published the third compiled volume in June 2020, followed by fourth in January 2021 in Japan. This is the first work officially serialized by Maiko Uchino, so it is not possible to establish a history of works.
Cast of voices
- Rin Kusumi as Hiyori Minagi.
- Natsumi Hioka as Koharu Minagi.
- Tomomi Mineuchi as Koi Yoshinaga.
- Noriaki Akitaya (Bakuman., Castle Town Dandelion, ORESUKI: Are you the only one who loves me?) Is directing the anime at CONNECT Studios.
- Yuka Yamada (Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid, Asteroid in Love, Umi Monogatari) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Shoko Takimoto (BONJOUR Sweet Love Patisserie, ORESUKI: Are you the only one who loves me?) Is in charge of character design and animation direction.
Slow Loop Synopsis
When Hiyori, a girl whose deceased father taught her the joys of fishing, she headed to the sea to spend some time alone, she never thought she would find another girl there. After a while, this girl named Koharu, and she end up fishing and cooking together, while continuing to get to know each other little by little. During their brief time together Koharu discovers that the reason Hiyori went out to sea that day was because she was hesitant to meet her new adoptive family that very night. But what a coincidence! Koharu will meet her new family that day too! It can’t be a coincidence, can it? It only remains to follow these two “sisters” and their new life together!