A new promotional image for the project was posted on the official site for the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Sana Kirioka, Taishou Otome Otogibanashi (Taisho Maiden Fairytale). The statement also confirmed that the premiere is scheduled for next October in Japan and that a new promotional video will be published on July 4.
Kirioka published the original manga through Shueisha publisher’s Jump SQ magazine between July 2015 and September 2017, compiling the work into a total of five volumes. She subsequently published the sequel Shouwa Otome Otogibanashi through the Shonen Jump Plus service between August 2018 and May 2020.
Cast of voices
- Yuusuke Kobayashi as Tamahiko Shima.
- Saya Aizawa as Yuzuki Tachibana.
- Yume Miyamoto as Tamako Shima.
- Chika Anzai as Ryou.
- Ayasa Itou as Kotori Shiratori.
- Shunichi Toki as Hakaru Shiratori.
- Jun Hatori (Happy ComeCome, Kamiwaza Wanda, Naze Ikiru: Rennyo Shounin to Yoshizaki Enjou) is directing the anime at Synergy SP Studios.
- Mayu Watanabe (Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou) is in charge of character design.
- Hiroko Fukuda (Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yasuharu Takanashi (Fukigen na Mononokean) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis of Taishou Otome Otogibanashi
Tamahiko Shima is the youngest son of the powerful and wealthy Shima family. Blessed with great fortune from childhood, he unwittingly grew up more than the affection of his often distant family. After losing his mother and paralyzing his dominant arm in an accident, Tamahiko fell into deep despair and is rejected by his own father for his disability.
Condemned to live isolated in the countryside where his family’s name would not shame, he resigned himself to dying alone, until one day, a young woman named Yuzuki Tachibana appeared on his doorstep, proclaiming that Tamahiko’s father had sent her to be his girlfriend. . While caring for Tamahiko, Yuzuki brings a sense of spring into Tamahiko’s sad life, allowing him to gradually heal from the deep emotional scars of her youth. Their lives slowly intertwine as Tamahiko and Yuzuki taste the fruits of their first love.