On the official Twitter account for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Sana Kirioka, Taishou Otome Otogibanashi (Taisho Maiden Fairytale), the illustrations that will be delivered as a purchase / reservation benefit of the project’s Blu-ray / DVD compilation packages were published, according to different distributors in Japan.
The series has been on air since last October 8 in Japan and is confirmed with a total of twelve episodes, while the platform Funimation handles its distribution in the West. For his part, Kirioka published the original manga through the magazine Jump SQ from the publisher Shueisha between July 2015 and September 2017, compiling the work in a total of five volumes. He later published the sequel Shouwa Otome Otogibanashi through the service Shonen Jump Plus between August 2018 and May 2020.
- Jun Hatori (Happy ComeCome, Kamiwaza Wanda, Naze Ikiru: Rennyo Shounin to Yoshizaki Enjou) is in charge of the direction of the anime in the studios Synergy SP.
- Mayu watanabe (Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou) is in charge of character design.
- Hiroko fukuda (Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yasuharu Takanashi (Fukigen na Mononokean) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
- GARNiDELiA performs the opening song titled “Otome no Kokoroe” while Shunichi Toki performs the ending song titled “Makogoro ni Kanade.”
Synopsis of Taishou Otome Otogibanashi
Tamahiko Shima is the youngest son of the powerful and wealthy Shima family. Blessed with great fortune from childhood, he unwittingly grew up more than the affection of his often distant family. After losing his mother and paralyzing his dominant arm in an accident, Tamahiko fell into deep despair and is rejected by his own father for his disability.
Condemned to live isolated in the countryside where his family’s name would not shame, he resigned himself to dying alone, until one day, a young woman named Yuzuki Tachibana appeared on his doorstep, proclaiming that Tamahiko’s father had sent her to be his girlfriend. . While caring for Tamahiko, Yuzuki brings a sense of spring into Tamahiko’s sad life, allowing her to gradually heal from the deep emotional scars of her youth. Their lives slowly intertwine as Tamahiko and Yuzuki taste the fruits of their first love.
Source: Official Twitter Account
© 桐 丘 さ な ／ 集 英 社 ・ 大 正 オ ト メ 御 伽 話 製作 委員会