On the official site for the animated adaptation of the light novels written by Nigojuu and illustrated by Umibouzu, Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru (The Detective is Already Dead), the second promotional video of the project was published. The video confirms that the series will premiere on July 4 with a one-hour special, and shows a fragment of the closing theme titled “Kodou” and performed by Virtual YouTuber Kagura Nana.
A sixth promotional image of the project will be published on June 15. Furthermore, Nigojuu began publishing the novels on the Kakuyomu website, and subsequently began publishing on paper with illustrations by Umibouzu through the Media Factory publishing house in November 2019.
Cast of voices
- Shin Nagai as Kimihiko Kimizuka.
- Saki Miyashita as Siesta.
- Ayana Taketatsu as Nagisa Natsunagi.
- Kanon Takao as Yui Saikawa.
- Saho Shirasu as Charlotte Arisaka Anderson.
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Koomori.
- Takehito Koyasu as Chameleon.
- Maria Naganawa as Alice.
- Manabu Kurihara (Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!) Is directing the anime at ENGI studios.
- Deko Akao (Arakawa Under the Bridge, Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shōnen ga Joban no Machi from Kurasu Yō na Monogatari) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yousuke Itou (Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasuka?, Holmes at Kyoto Teramachi Sanjō, Ōsama Game) is in charge of character design.
Synopsis of Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru
Kimizuka Kimihiko is a crisis magnet. From getting caught at a crime scene to accidentally witnessing a drug deal, trouble seems to find you around every corner. So it’s no wonder that his rather mundane flight suddenly enters a state of emergency in dire need of an onboard detective. Unfortunately, his attempt to avoid trouble is thwarted by a beautiful silver-haired girl who goes by the code name Siesta. Declaring herself a detective, she unceremoniously drags Kimizuka into the case as her assistant.
That incident marked the beginning of an adventure around the world that was beyond his wildest imagination. Putting their lives on the line, the two brought down criminal organizations, prevented disasters and saved thousands. But the curtain closed on his epic journey with Siesta’s untimely death three years later. This time, determined to live a normal life in high school, Kimizuka spends a year keeping a low profile. However, according to fate, a girl with an uncanny resemblance to Siesta crashes into her life, threatening to ruin her days of peace.