On the official Twitter account for the Love Live! Multimedia franchise, it was announced that the Love Live! Superstar!!, the new project that includes the idol unit Liella !, has dated its premiere in Japan for next July 11. No distribution platform has announced the acquisition of the rights for the West.
This new project was announced in January 2020 during the “Love Live! Fest”. Since then, multiple promotional images and character introductions have been made through Love Live! Magazine. Days from Kadokawa publishing house. On December 15, 2020, the main voice cast, as well as the production crew, was finally revealed.
Cast of voices
- Sayuri Sate as Kanon Shibuya.
- Liyuu as Tang Keke.
- Nako Misaki as Chisato Arashi.
- Nagisa Aoyama as Ren Hazuki.
- Naomi Payton as Sumire Heanna.
- Takahiko Kyougoku (Ano Hi no Kokoro wo Toraete, Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri, Love Live! School Idol Project) is directing the project at Sunrise Studios.
- Jukki Hanada (Campione !: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai !, H2O: Footprints in the Sand) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Atsushi Saitou (Black Fox, High School Fleet, Kokoro Yohou) is in charge of character design.
- Yoshiaki Fujisawa (Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri, Isekai Cheat Magician, Love Live! School Idol Project) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Synopsis of Love Live! Superstar!!
Kanon Shibuya is a “super regular” high school student who lives with her family and helps her out at her local coffee shop, her family’s business. Kanon is quite shy, and singing in front of an audience is a martyrdom for her, however, her dream is to make people happy by performing the songs that she writes. “I have no dreams for the future and I am not particularly good at anything. But even being a normal girl, no, precisely because I am only that, there is only one thing I can do: become a school-idol!”