Details on the distribution of the Blu-ray / DVD packages were posted on the official site for the animated adaptation of the video game The World Ends With You, which will be titled The World Ends With You – The Animation (Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation). compilations of the project. This information confirmed that the series will have a total of twelve episodes, which will be distributed in 2 volumes.
- Volume 1 (episodes 1 to 6) – July 30, 2021.
- Volume 2 (Episodes 7-12) – Aug 27, 2021.
The series has been on air since last April 9. Funimation handles its distribution in the West. For their part, Jupiter and Square Enix developed the game, which was released for the Nintendo DS console in Japan in 2007, and in the West in 2008.
Cast of voices
- Kouki Uchiyama as Neku.
- Anna Hachimine as Shiki.
- Subaru Kimura as Beat.
- Ayana Taketatsu as Thyme.
- Ryohei Kimura as Joshua.
- Kazuya Ichikawa (Chuubyou Gekihatsu Boy, Monster Strike, Shakunetsu Kabaddi) is directing the anime at Domerica Studios in collaboration with Shin-Ei Animation Studios.
- Midori Gotou (Chuubyou Gekihatsu Boy, Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun) is in charge of writing and supervising the series scripts.
- Tetsuya Nomura and Gen Kobayashi are in charge of character design.
- Takeharu Ishimoto (Final Fantasy VII: Last Order, Final Fantasy VII: On the Way to a Smile – Episode: Denzel) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis of The World Ends With You – The Animation
The protagonist, Neku, wakes up in the middle of the busy Shibuya Intersection without knowing how he got there. In fact, he is in an intermediate dimensional plane known as the Underground (UG). Unknowingly, he has been forced to participate in the “Reaper’s Game”, so Neku teams up with Shiki, a girl he runs into on his way. Neku must then fight to survive by completing missions assigned to him and defeating the creatures known as “Noise”. By doing this, he will confront the “Reaper’s Game” and gradually regain his memories of it. “The only way to survive is to trust your partner.” Can they survive this then?