The popular Japanese portal Goo Ranking conducted a survey among fans of the manga and anime industry asking them: “What manga would you like to see adapted to anime?“. The survey was conducted between November 12 and 26 of this year and accumulated more than 1,200 entries. The site writes:
«In addition to the original works, there are also many works based on the manga, and it is a great sensation when your favorite manga is turned into an anime. So we have done a poll to find out which manga people would like to see turned into anime, and here is our ranking.».
- 10. Ashita, Watashi wa Dareka no Kanojo (Tomorrow I Will Be Someone’s Girlfriend) from Hinao wono. «A bitter love story that shows the reality of love between college girls who earn money on her behalf and the men attracted to her. The first volume is a young office worker who hires the protagonist “Snow” as a fake girlfriend, and draws a distorted love pattern. A surrogate girl who plays her ideals as a client and as a woman until the end … Is the distance between the minds of two people really close?».
- 9. Kaijuu 8-gou (Monster # 8) from Naoya Matsumoto. «Grotesque, Godzilla-like monsters called “kaijuu” have been popping up in Japan for many years. To combat these beasts, an elite military unit known as the Defense Corps risks its life daily to protect civilians. Once a creature is killed, the “sweepers” – who work under the Kaijuu Professional Cleaning Corporation – are responsible for disposing of its remains.».
- 8. Mystery to Iu nakare (Do not say mystery), from Yumi tamura. «The story follows Kunou Totonou, a university student who solves mysteries. At the beginning of the story, he is brought in by the police for questioning as a suspect in the murder of his classmate.».
- 7. Sousou no Frieren (Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End), from Kanehito yamada and Tsukasa Abe. «The demon king has been defeated and the victorious group of heroes return home before disbanding. All four – the magician Frieren, the hero Himmel, the priest Heiter, and the warrior Eisen – look back on their decade-long journey when it comes time to say goodbye. But the passage of time is different for elves, so Frieren witnesses his companions slowly passing away one by one.».
- 6. Ojisama to Neko (A Man & His Cat), from Umi Sakurai. «At the local pet store there is a cat that has been waiting a long time for someone to take it home. He has reached adulthood alone in his cage, shunned by would-be owners for petty reasons like not being cute enough or being a brat. His luck changes one day when an old man named Kanda walks into the store and decides to take him home. Kanda, a widower and abandoned by his older children, seeks a feline companion to alleviate his loneliness».
- 5. Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu (The Dangers in My Heart), from Norio Sakurai. «Kyoutaro Ichikawa may seem like your typical high school student, but in his heart he dreams of murder. So it’s no wonder that the person he wants to kill the most is never far from his mind: the idol of the class, Anna Yamada. Reading alone in the library of his beloved school, he inadvertently begins to run into Yamada, who comes to gorge himself on his beloved candies and sweets in secret. Through their interactions, Ichikawa discovers how dumb Yamada is, and can’t help but support her from the sidelines.».
- 4. Oshi no Ko (My star), from Aka Akasaka and Mengo Yokoyari. «Sixteen-year-old Ai Hoshino is a talented and beautiful idol who is adored by her fans. She is the personification of a young and pure maiden. But all that glitters is not gold. Gorou Honda is a rural gynecologist and a huge fan of Ai. So when the pregnant idol shows up at his hospital, he is beyond mystified. Gorou promises her a safe delivery. What he does not know is that the encounter with a mysterious figure will cause him an untimely death, or so he thought.».
- 3. Uma Musume Cinderella Gray, from Taiyou Koizumi. «Uma Musume Cinderella Gray is a title derived from Cygames’ Uma Musume project. Follow Oguri Cap during her stay at the Kasamatsu Training Center Academy and on her journey to become a legendary horse girl.».
- 2. Ayakashi Triangle, from Kentarou yabuki. «Japan may be teeming with mysterious monsters called ayakashi, but they have a special force of exorcist ninjas to counter the threat! The young exorcist ninja Matsuri spends his days fighting the ayakashi to protect his childhood friend Suzu. But when an ayakashi cat named Shirogane shows up, things get turned upside down!».
- 1. Kusuriya no Hitorigoto (The Apothecary Diaries), from Natsu Hyuuga and Nekokurage. «In an imperial court of ancient China, a few months ago a 17-year-old girl known as Maomao was kidnapped and forced to work as a low-level servant in the emperor’s palace. Despite this, he manages to maintain his curious and pragmatic spirit, planning to work until his years of servitude are over. However, one day he learns that the emperor’s two sons have fallen seriously ill. She decides to act in secret, taking advantage of her experience as a pharmacist raised in the poor neighborhood of the city».
Source: Goo Ranking