On the official site for the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Ken Wakui, Tokyo Revengers, the second promotional video and a new visual for the project were revealed. The video shows a fragment of the opening song titled “Cry Baby” and performed by Official HiGE DANdism.
The announcement also revealed new cast members, including the highest ranking members of the Tokyo Manji Gang:
- Masaaki Mizunaka as Kaisuke Baji.
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Takashi Mitsuya.
- Subaru Kimura as Haruki Hayashida.
- Yukihiro Nozuyama as Ryouhei Hayashi.
- Kengo Kawanishi as Nahoya Kawata.
- Daisuke Ono as Yasuhiro Mutou.
- Eiji Takeuchi as Nobutaka Osanai.
The series has its premiere scheduled in Japan for next April 10 through different television stations. For his part, Wakui began publishing the manga in Kodansha publisher’s Weekly Shonen Magazine in March 2017. The work recently surpassed seven million copies in circulation.
Cast of voices
- Yuuki Shin as Takemichi Hanagaki.
- Azumi Waki as Hinata Tachibana.
- Ryota Ohsaka as Naoto Tachibana.
- Yuu Hayashi as Manjirou “Mikey” Sano.
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Ken “Doraken” Ryuuguuji.
- Koichi Hatsumi (Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I – The Egg of the King, Ao no
- Exorcist: Kyoto Saga, Deadman Wonderland) is directing the anime at LIDEN FILMS Studios.
- Yasuyuki Muto (Basilisk, Deadman Wonderland, Sengoku Basara – Samurai Kings) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Kenichi Ohnuki (Golden Kamuy, Gundam Build Fighters) and Keiko Ohta (Ace Attorney, Hyakko) are handling character design.
- Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Children of the Whales, Dr. Stone, Jujutsu Kaisen) are in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Tokyo Revengers Synopsis
While watching the news, Takemichi Hanagaki learns that his high school girlfriend, Hinata Tachibana, has died. The only girl who ever noticed him was killed by a group of criminals known as the Tokyo Manji Gang. Takemichi lives in an old apartment with thin walls, and at his job, his boss six years his junior treats him like trash.
At the cusp of his life’s misery, he suddenly goes back in time twelve years to his high school days. To save Hinata and change the course of time, once useless part-time worker Takemichi must seek to become the leader of Tokyo’s darkest criminal gang!