In the official site for the animated adaptation of the light novels written by Kei Azumi and illustrated by Mitsuaki Matsumoto, Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu (Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy), the distribution information for the Blu-ray compilation packages was published, confirming again that the series will have a total of twelve episodes. The statement also revealed the cover art for the first Blu-ray package.
- Package 1 (episodes 1-3) – October 27, 2021.
- Package 2 (episodes 4-6) – November 24, 2021.
- Package 3 (episodes 7 to 9) – December 22, 2021.
- Package 4 (episodes 10-12) – January 26, 2022.
The statement also revealed the illustrations that will be delivered as a purchase / reservation benefit of the compilation packages, according to different distributors in Japan. Animated opening and closing sequences for the project were also revealed. The opening features the theme “Gambler” performed by Syudou, while the closing features the theme “Beautiful Dreamer” performed by Ezoshika Gourmet Club.
The series has been broadcast in Japan since July 7, while the Crunchyroll platform is in charge of distribution in the West. On the other hand, Azumi began publishing the novels through the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in 2012, and later the AlphaPolis publishing house began its publication on paper in May 2013. A manga adaptation by Kotora Kino was published in the AlphaPolis Web Manga application since June 2015.
- Shinji Ishihira (Fairy Tail, Log Horizon, Super Lovers) is directing the anime at C2C Studios.
- Kenta Ihara (Youjo Senki, Kono Yuusha ga Ore TUEEE Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru, Ore Dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon: Kossori Kitaete Sekai Saikyou) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yukie Suzuki (Fight League: Gear Gadget Generators) is in charge of character design.
- Yasuharu Takanashi (Fairy Tail, Log Horizon, Super Lovers) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis of Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu
The fantasy story centers on Makoto Misumi, an ordinary high school boy who is sent to a new world as a brave warrior. Unfortunately, the goddess of that new world scornfully told him: “How ugly you are”, she stripped him of his title and banished him to the most remote reaches of the desert.
While wandering the area, Makoto encountered dragons, spiders, orcs, dwarves, and all kinds of fantastic creatures. Due to the differences in the environment of his home world, Makoto now exhibits extraordinary magical and combat powers. He therefore survives in this world while facing various threats. Thus the curtain rises on the fantasy of social reform of the alternate world, centered on a young man abandoned by the gods and by the humans.