A new promotional image for the project was posted on the official site for the animated adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Gaku Kuze, Uramichi Oniisan (Life Lessons of Uramichi-Oniisan). The press release did not reveal any further details.
The series is scheduled to premiere on July 5 in Japan, after being delayed from its original premiere in 2020 for unspecified reasons. On the other hand, Gaku Kuze has been publishing the manga in the Ichijinsha publishing house’s Comic Pool digital magazine since 2017 and the publishing house published the fifth compilation volume in May 2020.
Cast of voices
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Uramichi Omota.
- Tomokazu Sugita as Tobikichi Usahara.
- Yuuichi Nakamura as Mitsuo Kumagai.
- Mamoru Miyano as Iketeru Daga.
- Nana Mizuki as Utano Tadano.
- Nobuyoshi Nagatama (Runway de Waratte, Sounan desu ka ?, Happy Sugar Life) is directing the anime at Studio Blanc.
- Touko Machida (Lucky Star, Waratte’s Runway, Wake Up Girls!) Is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Mizuki Takahashi (Naka no Hito Genome [Jikkyouchuu]) is in charge of character design.
- Kei Haneoka (Kono Oto Tomare!) Is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack under the sound direction of Kisuki Koizumi (Dororo).
- Mamoru Miyano and Nana Mizuki perform the opening song titled “ABC Taisou”, while Mamoru Miyano performs the closing song titled “Dream On”.
Synopsis of Uramichi Oniisan
The story centers on Uramichi Omota, a 31-year-old man who has a split personality. He is the star in an educational exercise program titled “Maman to Together”. Although he has a cool and lively personality during the recordings, he is actually quite unstable outside of the recordings. The manga reveals the unmotivating parts of adult life.