Read the top 10 USA news headlines and other major updates from USA to kick start your day. We bring you the top headlines so that you can stay on top of the most important news updates.
Top 10 USA News Headlines Today
1. Josh Hawley: Milley, Austin need to prepare US troops for real wars, not culture wars
U.S. Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., reacted Thursday night on “The Ingraham Angle” to news that U.S. troops had been badly beaten by their British counterparts while both groups underwent a training exercise in California.
2. Florida inmate appeals death sentence after conviction for raping, killing girl, 9
A convicted Florida killer sentenced to death last year for raping and murdering a 9-year-old girl has filed an appeal with the state’s Supreme Court, seeking a new sentencing trial, according to a report.
3. Iowa teacher’s body found under tarp at park, 2 students charged in killing
Two 16-year-olds in Iowa were charged with first-degree homicide Thursday after the body of a Spanish teacher at their high school was found underneath a tarp at a local park that she would frequent.
4. New Jersey high school grad, 19, wins school board seat after suffering ‘awful’ coronavirus rules
A young New Jersey man who graduated from high school last year after experiencing “awful” coronavirus rules during his senior year has won a seat on his local school board, according to reports.
5. Why Trump’s conservative detractors are seizing on Youngkin’s win
Glenn Youngkin’s upset victory over Terry McAuliffe may have shown that Youngkin has cracked the code. While it’s just one state race, some believe he figured out how to hold onto the MAGA base while attracting Republicans who might have agreed with Trump’s policies but disliked his persona.
6. Greg Gutfeld: Democrats’ strategy provides cover for the White, rich, liberal racists
Greg Gutfeld reveals why Democrats can afford to support far-left policies that harm communities.
7. COVID-19: WHO expresses ‘grave concern’ over cases in Europe
The World Health Organization on Thursday warned that Europe is –once again—at the epicenter of COVID-19 cases and cited a “reliable projection” that said another 500,000 deaths by February.
8. Laura Ingraham questions Democrats’ lack of self-reflection after Tuesday’s election loss
Laura Ingraham said the Democrats are ‘now going for broke on woke’ after the Virginia election defeat.
9. Juilliard-trained concert pianist charged in SC pet hospital staffer’s ‘very violent’ stabbing death
A South Carolina man who was trained as a classical pianist at the $43,000-per-year Juilliard School turned himself in to authorities this week following the “very violent” stabbing death of a staffer for a local pet hospital, according to reports.
10. Mark Levin: What kind of a country are we creating and leaving to our children?
“Life, Liberty & Levin” host Mark Levin questioned what kind of country Americans were leaving for future generations Thursday on “Hannity.”