On the official site for WIT Studio’s upcoming original anime, which will be titled Vivy: Fluorite Eye’s Song, the second promotional video for the project was posted. The video was published as part of the AnimeJapan 2021 event, and confirms that the series will premiere its first two episodes consecutively on April 3 in Japan.
Additionally, the press release also included a new promotional image for this project. It had previously been confirmed that the series will have a total of thirteen episodes.
Cast of voices
Atsumi Tanezaki as Vivy, the first human-type automated AI. His directive is “make everyone happy with music.” She is a singer who serves humanity.
Jun Fukuyama as Matsumoto, an AI who travels 100 years from the future to see Vivy. His directive is “to prevent war between AI and humans.” He works with Vivy to destroy all the AI. He is a charlatan and overconfident, which is why he has an unusual personality for an AI.
- Tappei Nagatsuki (Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, Senyoku no Sigrdrifa) is credited with creating the story and writing the scripts.
- Shinpei Ezaki (Kitsutsuki Tantei-Dokoro) is directing the anime at WIT Studio, with the assistance of Yuusuke Kubo.
- Loundraw (Tsuki ga Kirei) is credited with the original character designs, while Yuuichi Takahashi is adapting them to animation in conjunction with Takuma Ebisu.
- Satoru Kousaki (Beastars, Lucky Star) is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
- Atsumi Tanezaki will perform the opening song titled “Sing My Pleasure”.
Synopsis for Vivy: Fluorite Eye’s Song
The story takes place in “Nearland”, a theme park where “dreams, hope and science” coexist as an Artificial Intelligence (AI) theme park. This place is where the first automated human-like AI was born. Vivy is an AI who sings on stage for park visitors every day, as her directive is “to make everyone happy through music”. She acts wholeheartedly for the park’s visitors. One day, an AI named Matsumoto appears before her. She says she has come 100 years into the future with the directive to “work with Vivy to correct history and stop the war between AI and humans that breaks out 100 years from now.” Thus begins the 100-year journey of IA singer Vivy.