On the official website for the original anime from CloverWorks Studios, Wonder Egg Priority, it was announced that the series will have an additional episode titled “Wonder Egg Priority – Special Edition”, which will continue the story directly. This episode will be broadcast in Japan on June 29 and is described with the following text: «Please look forward to the conclusion of the story of the four girls in“ Wonder Egg Priority – Special Edition ”».
It should be noted that there are rumors that claim that the eighth episode, which was a compilation, was planned to be a regular broadcast of the story, however, production problems led to the plans having to be modified. Now they assure that this additional episode will air until June because it was the only next available broadcast block. Finally, the series premiered in Japan since last January 12 and was listed with a total of twelve episodes, with Funimation in charge of its distribution in the West.
- Shinji Nojima is credited with the original idea and is also in charge of writing and supervising the series scripts.
- Shin Wakabayashi (7/22, Boku wa Robot Goshi no Kimi ni Koi wo Suru) is directing the anime at CloverWorks Studios.
- Saki Takahashi (Ao Haru Ride) is in charge of character design and also serves as animation director.
- DE DE MOUSE and Clammbon bassist Mito are responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
- The four main voice actresses perform the opening song titled “Sudachi no Uta (巣 立 ち の 歌)”, as well as the closing song titled “Life is Cider”, under the name of the musical unit Anemoneria.
Wonder Egg Priority Synopsis
Following the suicide of her best and only friend, Koito Nagase, Ai Ooto faces her new reality. With nothing to live for, she follows the instructions of a mysterious entity and is forced to buy an egg, or specifically, a Wonder Egg.
By breaking the egg into a world that materializes during her dream, Ai is tasked with saving people from the adversities that come their way. In doing so, she believes that she has come one step closer to saving her best friend. With this dangerous but tempting opportunity in the palms of her hands, Ai enters a place where she must recognize the relationship between other people’s demons and her own.
As past traumas, unforgettable regrets, and innate fears are born in the strange world of Wonder Egg Priority, a young woman discovers the various inner struggles that haunt humanity and rescues her from her worst fears.