On the official Twitter account for the second season of the animated adaptation of the manga written by Kaiu Shirai and illustrated by Posuka Demizu , Yakusoku no Neverland ( The Promised Neverland ), a new fifteen-second commercial for the project was revealed. The video reveals the ending song titled “Mahou,” performed by Myuk and composed by EVE .
This second season has its premiere scheduled for January 8, 2021 in Japan (January 7 for other regions). For their part, Shirai and Demizu began publishing the manga in Shueisha publisher’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in August 2016 and ended it in June 2020. The publisher published the twentieth and final compiled volume on October 2.
Cast of voices
- Mariya Ise as Ray.
- Sumire Morohoshi as Emma.
- Hiyori Kouno as Phil.
- Yuuko Kaida as Isabella.
- Nao Fujita as Krone.
- Lynn as Gilda.
- Shinei Ueki as Don.
- Ari Ozawa as Conny.
- Ai Kayano as Anna.
- Mamoru Kanbe is directing the anime at CloverWorks Studios .
- Toshiya Ono is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Takahiro Obata is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
- Kazuaki Shimada is in charge of animation direction and character design.
- Kiro Akiyama performs the opening song titled “Identity,” while Myuk performs the closing song titled “Mahou,” the latter composed by EVE .
Synopsis of Yakusoku no Neverland
At Grace Field House, life couldn’t be better for the orphans. Together with the other children and a kind “mom” who cares about them, they make a big happy family. No child is ever overlooked, especially since they are all adopted at the age of 12. Their daily lives involve rigorous testing, but afterward, they are allowed to play outside.
There is only one rule you must obey: do not leave the orphanage. But one day, two high-scoring orphans, Emma and Norman, venture through the door and discover the horrible reality behind their entire existence: they are all cattle, and their orphanage is a farm to grow food for a mysterious race of demons. . With little time to carry out an escape plan, the children must somehow change their destiny.