During the event “Zombieland Saga Live: Franchouchou Live of the Dead ‘R” the information about the musical themes and the release date of the second season of the original anime of MAPPA, Avex Pictures and Cygames, Zombieland Saga, titled Zombieland Saga, was revealed : Revenge. The series has dated its premiere for April 8 in Japan and the musical themes include:
The musical unit Franchouchou will perform the opening song titled “Taiga yo Tomo ni Naite Kure (O Saga, Cry With Me)”, as well as the closing song titled “Yume wo Te ni, Modoreru Basho mo Nai Hibi wo (Spend the Days Dreaming and Without a Place to Call Home) ”.
Both songs will be released as CD on May 19 in Japan, while the concert will be released in Blu-ray format on May 28. On the other hand, more specifically, the series will premiere in Japan through the streaming service Amazon Prime Video and other television stations on April 8 at 11:15 p.m., as well as through the ABEMA service. The Crunchyroll platform will handle its international distribution.
The twelve-episode first season was produced by MAPPA studios, directed by Munehisa Sakai and scripts written by Shigeru Murakoshi, and premiered in October 2018. A manga adaptation by Megumu Soramichi is published through the Cycomi service. from Cygames publishing house since October 2018.
Cast of voices
- Mamoru Miyano as Koutarou Tatsumi.
- Asami Tano as Saki Nikaidou.
- Kotono Mitsuishi as Tae Yamada.
- Kaede Hondo as Sakura Minamoto.
- Minami Tanaka as Lily Hoshikawa.
- Maki Kawase as Junko Konno.
- Risa Taneda as Ai Mizuno.
- Rika Kinugawa as Yuugiri.
- Munehisa Sakai (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal, Koi to Producer: EVOL × LOVE), returns to direct the series at MAPPA Studios.
- Shigeru Murakoshi (Murenase! Seton Gakuen, Taisou Zamurai) returns to write and supervise the series scripts.
- Kasumi Fukagawa (IDOLiSH7, Taisou Zamurai), returned to handle the character designs.
- Yasuharu Takanashi (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal, Fukigen na Mononokean), returns to compose the soundtrack in collaboration with Funta7.
Zombieland Saga Synopsis
Sakura Minamoto dreams of becoming an idol. Unfortunately, reality hits her like a truck (literally) and she dies in a sudden car accident. Ten years later, she awakens in Saga Prefecture, only to find herself turned into a zombie with no memory of her past. While still accepting her new destiny, she meets a man named Koutarou Tatsumi, who explains that he has resurrected her and six other girls from other eras as zombies with the goal of financially revitalizing Saga Prefecture by creating a group of idols.
Assuming the role of an aggressive manager, Koutarou begins scheduling events; the girls finally accept it and decide to name their idol group “Franchouchou”. An absurdly comical take on the anime idol genre, Zombieland Saga tells Franchouchou’s poignant story of saving Saga Prefecture while hiding her identities as zombies and rediscovering her past.